· By Najwa Khan
Salted Chocolate Almond Butter Oat Recipe
Author: Noelle Khan
We believe that an indulgent breakfast should wow your taste buds and offer a major boost of energy without spiking your blood sugar or taking up too much time to prep. If you’re on the hunt for a convenient, nutritious and sinfully sweet first meal of the day, we’ve got you covered. This easy to assemble breakfast is packed with fiber from the gluten-free rolled oats, healthy dietary fats from the creamy almond butter, and disease defending antioxidants from the dark chocolate chunks. Best of all, you can increase the quantities for this recipe and store portions of the overnight oats for up to three days in your refrigerator. The thick oats will soak up the milk and flavorings as it chills and softens in the fridge. When ready to eat, simply add the crumble topping and your fruit of choice before digging in. We hope you love this lush and creamy breakfast just as much as we do!
Makes 1 Serving
- ½ cup of gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup of unsweetened organic whole milk (sub dairy-free milks such as almond, coconut, or oat if plant based or lactose intolerant)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp natural salted almond butter (sub peanut or cashew butter if preferred)
- 1 Tbsp organic raw honey (sub coconut sugar, maple syrup, agave or stevia to taste)
- 1 Tbsp of fair-trade organic cacao powder
- In a small bowl or mason jar, combine the milk, chia seeds, almond butter, preferred sweetener and cacao powder. Mix until combined.
- Add in oats and continue stirring until the oats are fully saturated with the flavored milk. Cover with plastic wrap or lid before refrigerating overnight.
- Top your oats with fruit of choice, blondie bites or crunchy cacao nibs for a yummy crumble topping