Apple Spice Blondie
Moist blondie batter surrounds tart-yet-sweet chunks of apple pieces tossed in cozy warming spices. It's apple pie in a square.
We use unrefined organic coconut sugar, which satisfies sweet cravings at a chemical level. Sugar substitutes do not.
- When you’re craving something sweet, that’s your gut talking to your brain asking it for sucrose, the simplest chemical form of sugar (which is metabolized into energy).
- If, instead, you give your gut a sugar substitute (like monk fruit, allulose, or stevia), your body doesn’t register those ingredients as sugar and the feeling of craving remains.
This is why treats that use sugar substitutes – despite tasting sweet – often have us reaching for another serving. They simply don't initiate the complex chemical process that produces feelings of satiety in the brain.
Every ingredient on our ingredient panel is a whole food that comes from the earth with minimal (and often no) processing. This is outside the norms set by other "clean label" products.
- Most other “clean” treats use at least one or two bioengineered ingredients like “natural flavors,” preservatives, blended oils, or sugar substitutes.
- Sometimes this is to keep costs low. Other times it’s a tactic to keep a specific macro low.
- dalci wasn’t born in an R&D lab, so we just don't make products that way. Our founder, Najwa, created dalci because she literally couldn’t eat other clean treats without feeling junky. Our north star will always be treats Najwa can eat. To meet this standard, we simply have to be cleaner than other clean labels.
Fits into 99% of diets
Our treats work with pretty much everything, except veganism (we use eggs).
- dalci is Non GMO Project Verified, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, and dairy-free.
- We never use trans fats, blended oils, sugar alcohols, refined sugars, preservatives, additives, emulsifiers, lecithin, gums, binders, artificial dyes, “natural flavors,” or carrageenan.
- We’ve heard from folks who’ve worked dalci into almost every kind of diet: low sugar, low carb, paleo, Whole 30, keto, FODMAP, gut-focused, South Beach, Weight Watchers, & Noom to name a few.
- We consciously designed dalci’s macronutrient profile for a dynamic balance of fats, carbs, and protein. So while our brownies don’t favor any one specific diet, they tend to fit into almost all of them (again, sorry vegans).
Nutritional information Per 1 blondie, 45g
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 1.5g
Trans fat 0g
Total carbohydrate 18g
Dietary fiber 2g
Total sugars 10g
Includes 9g added sugars