12 Proven Reasons to Bake with Avocado Oil
Author: Najwa Khan
Avocado is more than a trend, it’s here to stay.
The delicious, creamy, uber-trendy avocado always has us say ‘yes’ to extra guac. It’s been a trend-setting ingredient with the likes of urban city brunchers and avocado toast loving foodies for years but recently has taken over the health-conscious food space.
Avocado is being utilized in more and more ways, from cooking oils, dressings, baking, puddings, and even a hair moisturizing mask. What can this fruit not do?
Numerous studies show this complex fruit comes jam-packed with nutrients. It’s no wonder why more and more people are incorporating avocado and avocado oil into their everyday dietary lifestyle.
Here at dalci we heart avocado and choose to bake all our brownies and blondies with its decadent oil.
Top 12 reasons, supported by scientific research, to bake with avocado oil:
- Made of oleic acid, a healthy monounsaturated fat (a good source of antioxidants to help fight free radicals in the body).
- May help lower blood pressure and help boost carotenoid absorption (linked to eye health and may reduce the risk of some cancers.
- It has a creamy, buttery taste, making it an ideal choice for baking unlike other healthy oils such as coconut or olive oil which have very bold and distinct tastes.
- High in nutrients making it classified as a superfood with over 20 nutrients.
- Avocados do not contain any cholesterol or sodium and are low in saturated fat.
- They contain more potassium than bananas.
- It is loaded with heart-healthy fats and acids that aid in reduced inflammation.
- It contributes to weight loss, reduces blood sugar spikes, and is strongly linked to a lower risk of many diseases.
- They are high in soluble fiber, which is known for feeding the friendly gut bacteria in your intestine (#guthealth).
- It can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Avocado oil extract may help relieve symptoms of arthritis
- Shown to inhibit the growth of prostate cancer cells in a laboratory